Welcome to SciCoh Youth Cheerleading
2015 Season Information
Please read, save and post this information. Dates, times and locations are subject to change.
Location: Scituate High School (rear practice field)
Mites (grades 2,3,4) Tuesday 8/4 & Wednesday 8/5 - 9:00am-1:00pm each day
Peewees (grades 5,6) – Tuesday 8/4, Wednesday 8/5 - 9:00am-1:00pm each day
Midgets (grades 7,8) Tuesday 8/4, Wednesday 8/5, Thursday 8/6 – 9:00am-1:00pm each day
There is no cost for this camp, however all participants will be required to purchase camp wear (t-shirts and bows) at an estimated cost of $30-$35. More details to follow.
- Start date for pre-season practice is Tuesday, August 11th. Pre-season practices will run Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5:00pm-7:00pm, Aug 11th through Sept 10th @ Scituate High School.
- Once games start, teams will practice 1-2 day during the week, through early/ mid-October. Days and times TBD by coaches and will be made available as soon as possible.
- Hair up in a high ponytail with no side/long bangs . All cheerleaders must wear a bow.
- Wide strap tank tops or t-shirts only, with a bra/sports bra if necessary.
No spaghetti strap tank tops.
- Athletic shorts only, with spandex shorts/briefs under if shorts are loose fitting.
No jeans, jean shorts or jean skirts.
- Athletic sneakers only: no bare feet, flip flops, sandals, platform or slip on sneakers.
Socks must be worn.
- For safety reasons, absolutely no jewelry is to be worn and NO NAIL POLISH.
- Bring your own water bottle.
- Apply bug spray before coming to practice
- Use the restroom before coming to practice.
- Attendance is required to ensure the safety and success of all teams.
- Excessive absences will not be tolerated.
Missing more than three practices during the pre-season practice schedule (8/11 - 9/10) may result in exclusion from the halftime performance (at coaches’ discretion).
Continued absences may result in dismissal from the cheerleading program. This is done for safety reasons. Teams cannot safely practice their routines if their teammates are absent.
- Excessive tardiness will not be tolerated. Coaches will keep track of tardiness and the minutes will be added up.
Once a cheerleader has reached a total of 90 minutes, one absence will be added to their attendance record.
- All games are mandatory. Missing even 1 game during the season may result in dismissal from the cheerleading program.
- Exceptions may be made for serious illness, family emergency, etc. Coaches must be notified prior to practices or games in order to be excused.
- Every cheerleader is expected to be on their best behavior – respecting all coaches, junior coaches, Board members, teammates, football players, opponents, fans, vendors and game day officials at all times.
- Any behavior considered inappropriate, disruptive, disrespectful and/or unsafe by the coaches will result in dismissal from the cheerleading program.
- Bullying or harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. This includes in person as well as cyber-bullying (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, etc), phone calls and/or texting.
- Our first game will be the weekend of Sept. 12/13 (day, time and location TBA). Teams will cheer a total of TEN GAMES PER SEASON - eight regular season games (home and away) and one Playoff game, and one Superbowl game (IF TEAMS QUALIFY). Attendance at all games is mandatory. Transportation to all games is the responsibility of parents/guardians.
- Game schedules will be made available as soon as they are finalized by the football league.
Game Day Accessories
Yet To Be Announced
- Uniform Handouts
- Warm Up Orders
- Fundraising Information
- Fall Practice Schedule
- Game Day Schedule
- Game Day Rules
- Competition Information (tentative competition dates: 11/7 and 11/21)
All questions and concerns should be directed to Scicoh Cheerleading Director: Sheila Mahoney at firstname.lastname@example.org