SciCoh Youth Cheerleading
2018 Competition Information
Please read, save and post this information. Dates, times and locations are subject to change. Click here to download.
SciCoh Competition Teams will participate in three competitions this season:
- Competition TBD – Saturday, October 27th OR Saturday, November 3rd, 2018 - Location TBA
- NE Cheer & Dance - Saturday, November 10th, 2018 - Reggie Lewis Track Center (Boston)
- Old Colony Youth Cheerleading Competition - Saturday, November 17th, 2018 - Location TBA
COMPETITION IS OPEN TO ALL SCICOH CHEERLEADERS, BUT IS NOT MANDATORY. ALL COMPETITION CHEERLEADERS MUST PAY A $150 COMPETITION FEE.
All competition cheerleaders must be enrolled in tumbling classes to improve their skills. Expected minimum tumbling skills for competition – forward roll (stand up w/no hands), cartwheel (straight legs & pointed toes), roundoff (straight legs & pointed toes).
COMPETITION INFO MEETING
- Thursday, August 9th, 6:00pm at the practice field. Competition fee is due at this time
- $150 check payable to SciCoh Youth Football and Cheerleading. No cash please.
COMPETITION TEAMS SIGN UP DEADLINE
- Sunday, August 12th
PRE-CHOREOGRAPHY STUNT CLINIC
- Thursday, September 6th at ECE Cheer Gym, Hingham
- Peewees (grades 5,6) 5:00-6:30pm
- Midgets (grades 7,8) 6:30-8:00pm
COMPETITION CHOREOGRAPHY – 2 DAYS PER TEAM
- Mites (gr. 3,4)
- TBD, if there is enough interest to make a Competition Team
- Midgets (gr 7,8)
- Saturday, September 8th, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Saturday, September 15th, 9;00am-3:00pm
ECE Cheer Gym, Hingham
- Peewees (gr 5,6)
- Saturday, September 8th, 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Saturday, September 15th, 3:00pm - 9:00pm
ECE Cheer Gym, Hingham
ADDITIONAL FUNDRAISING MAY BE SCHEDULED TO HELP OFFSET OTHER COMPETITION COSTS. FUNDRAISING DATES AND LOCATIONS TBA
Competition practices will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays, beginning Tuesday September 11th. Times and location TBD. Practices may be held outdoors until the weather gets cool. Indoor locations and times TBA as soon as they are finalized. Additional practices may be scheduled if necessary as we get closer to competition dates. There will be practices on the Friday nights before each competition.
If you sign up to compete, you must attend choreography, all practices and all three competitions. While we do not hold tryouts for competition, there is a higher expectation of our competition cheerleaders. Please keep this in mind when deciding if your child will compete.
Competition is a big commitment and lots of hard work, but very much worth the time and effort. Cheerleading is a sport and competition will give you a chance to be the one that people are cheering for. Also, many of our cheerleaders would like to go on to cheer in high school. Competing now will give them the experience they need to excel on their high school teams. Competition is an experience you will remember forever and a great way to end the 2018 SciCoh cheerleading season!
All questions and concerns should be directed to Scicoh Cheerleading Director: Sheila Mahoney at firstname.lastname@example.org