Player and Parent Code of Ethics
SCICOH YOUTH FOOTBALL'S 2018 CODE OF ETHICS & EXPECTATIONS
Youth football plays a vital role in encouraging physical, social and emotional growth of children. It is therefore essential for parents, coaches and officials to encourage their youth football players to embrace the values of good sportsmanship, discipline and character development.
SciCoh recommends the following Player Code of Conduct:
- Have fun!
- Be a good sports (win or lose), be honest, fair and always show good sportsmanship to all coaches, players, officials and fans.
- Learn the value of commitment to the team.
- Put personal goals aside for the betterment of the team.
- Show courtesy and respect to teammates, opponents and coaches.
- Realize that athletic contests, including practice sessions are educational experiences and opportunities.
- Players will not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Players will not engage in rude behavior.
- I will treat everyone, including coaches, parents, players and officials, with respect, regardless of race, creed, color, nationality or gender.
Player Signature/Date: _____________________________________________________________________
Parents are vital to the development of young athletes. Whether sitting in the stands or helping out as a volunteer, parents must set a positive example. Parents and adults involved in youth sports should be models of good sportsmanship and lead by example on and off the playing field.
SciCoh recommends the following Parent Code of Conduct:
- Give constructive criticism during a private moment, never in front of other parents, players, officials, spectators, etc.
- Support your coach and refrain from excessive “sideline coaching” from the stands.
- Refrain from using profanity.
- Abide by a doctor’s decision in all matters of players health and injuries and physical ability to play.
- Accept the decisions of officials on the field as being fair and called to the best ability of the officials. Parents must stay off the field and remain under control in order to set a good example for players and other spectators.
- Do not criticize an opposing team, its players, fans, coaches or team by words or gestures.
- Support the coaches, players and officials and help teach the value of commitment to the teams, sportsmanship, ethical conduct and fair play.
- Inappropriate behavior is cause for immediate ejection from the stands. Repeat offenses will result in being barred from future games and league sponsored activities.
- Parents will not encourage their child or any other person to engage in unsportmanship conduct with any coach, parent, player, participants, officials or any other attendee.
Parent Signature/Date: ____________________________________________________